"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune."
– Jim Rohn
Facts about Jim Rohn:
- Emanuel James "Jim" Rohn (1930 - 2009) was born in Yakima, Washington
- At age 25, worked as a stock clerk for Sears collecting a weekly $57 paycheck.
- Became a millionaire by age 31.
- At one point in his career, Rohn's net worth fell from $2,300,000 to almost zero.
- Started a personal development business called "Adventures in Achievement" which featured both live seminars as well as personal development workshops.
- Conducted seminars worldwide for more than 40 years based on his business philosophy. (see below)
- Recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking.
- The author of 17 different books, audio and video programs.
- Philosophy - how you think
- Attitude - how you feel
- Action - what you do
- Results - measure often to see if you are making progress
- Lifestyle - the kind of life you can make for yourself out of the first four pieces