Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Embrace Your Passion

I've been gone a long time, and I apologize for that.  Blogging is not the easiest thing we writers can choose to do, especially if we have other things going on in our lives. But as writers, time has to be made for us to engage in our passion/craft. Writing is something that has to be practiced. It has to be done. Writers write, hence the term "writer."

I've deserted my passion/craft for quite some time.  Life, my 9-5 (of which I no longer wish to partake) and other tasks got in the way. Or should I say, I let them get in the way. I found out the hard way that this can easily become the norm if time is not set aside for our passion, for that thing that makes our hearts beat faster at just the thought of doing it.

Transforming that thing that we love to do into an entrepreneurial lifestyle or way of life takes making a conscious decision. We have to be like Nike and just do it. Yes, at times, this will be much easier said than done. But as I read and enjoy the books of numerous co-workers that work in the same traditional job environment as I do, I realize that they somehow found the time to make their dreams of authorship come true and they achieved it within the same collection of 24 hour days that I am privy to.

So what does this mean to those of us who are card carrying members of Club Procrastination? It means we may have to rise a little earlier or go to bed a little later. Not a very appealing schedule change for sure, but a necessary one nonetheless.

What is the goal of the creative wordsmith? To live a more pleasing lifestyle for sure, but it is also to change the way others look at life through the words between the pages of our books. We write in order to free ourselves from the box that a not so friendly economy causes us to live within. We write to spread the news that there's another way. We write to tell the stories of the voiceless and to remind ourselves that happy endings still exist.

I am a writer. I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment